This morning we’ve all been glued to social media and the news waiting for more word coming out about the Boston Marathon bombing suspects and the chaos that seemed to erupt overnight.
There’s so much happening at a rapid pace, it seems impossible to catch up.
But here’s a list of some live coverage that seems to provide good background as well as up-to-the-minute updates that will keep you informed. It’s where I’m getting my info, frankly:
- Believe it or not, but TMZ has great coverage as well as a news livestream. TMZ has really gone from gossip to news in recent years, and I think they’ve done a good job.
- The New York Times has a good liveblog set up detailing the latest updates. They also have good links to things like the photo essay of the dead suspect taken at a boxing practice.
- The Boston Globe has a good timeline set up to let you know what happened overnight. Since most of us woke up after much of this took place, it’s very handy.
- Once you get that background info, Slate.com has some very good, nuanced coverage, talking about some of the things mainstream places don’t cover right away.
- As always, Twitter has good info constantly coming in. As always, verification is key, but in situations like this, it’s the best source and bad information is often quickly fact-checked.
Let me know what else you come across, and keep emergency responders in your thoughts.